Monday, November 15, 2010

A Truck Full of Answered Prayers.

"...If ye have faith as a grain of MUSTARD SEED, ye shall say unto this mountain,
Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove;
and nothing shall be impossible unto you."
Matthew 17:20 


 We went out and moved a mountain today.



This mountain was a combination of answered prayers:
our prayer was one of those that we didn't even think to pray,
but should have.

The lady whose mountain we moved
told my husband that we were a direct answer to her prayers.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I have a small plant business.
I make cuttings and divide my perennials in the summer and fall so that in the spring I can have a plant sale:
it is lots of fun and gives us a way to make a little extra money...
and gives me an excuse to buy some new plants.
(Gotta keep my varieties diversified to please the returning customers, right?)

But my potted green babies need to be kept warm all winter:
they need a layer of protection so their roots won't freeze.

We'd been getting leaves from the cemetery where my husband works,
but this year they decided to use them for composting there.

I'd advertised on Craig's List and got some, but not nearly enough;
I called the township and was relieved to find that they were willing to dump 2 truckloads of leaves for us.

My husband mounded up the plants for me
(such a helpful man!)
and then discovered that he could use the rest of the leaves to bed up the cows.

During the winter, about once a week, my Farmer has to put new straw in the barn for the cows to lie on.  We usually end up having to buy bedding
(about $15 worth) a week.
That doesn't sound like much, but considering my grocery/household needs budgetted money is supposed to be about $100 per week, well, you can see that $15 is something.

So if we could use some leaves, that would help our budget.
But the leaves we'd been delivered were out in the open and when it rains, they won't be much good for bedding anymore.  All of our buildings are used for storing machinery all winter: no room for a mound of loose leaves.

Bummer.
I thought we'd found a good idea.




As I was driving home the other day, enjoying the scenery...
(Hello, sheep.)

I noticed a house in the woods with filled garbage bags lining it's driveway,
about 30 of them.

I happened to be on the phone with my Farmer right at that moment,
and told him about it.

The next day, he came home with a truck and trailer full of bagged leaves.
He told me that when he pulled up to ask,
the older lady told my husband that she'd prayed for a way to get rid of those bagged leaves...

and here he was.

She had another load for us today and will have one more tomorrow.

Funny, I hadn't thought leaves were worthy of prayer;
God is too busy, after all, isn't He?

Sometimes I think that way,
that I don't want to bother Him with my small menial things when He's got the world to run,
people's important problems to deal with.

And yet, He takes the time to show me He loves us,
He cares about our cows being warm for the winter;
He cares about an older lady with a yard full of leaves.

He cares about the small stuff.

There goes a truck full of answered prayers.



Linked up to:

10 comments:

  1. This makes me want to cry - it is so precious and beautiful! God does care about the small things in our personal lives ... He IS a personal God!

    I discovered this perfectly illustrated in Joseph's life ... after all, God was, as you say, "running the world" with His master plan ... but the very same plan and circumstances were meant to be personal in Joseph's life, as well. God was setting the stage for the Jews and their exile but was also working in Joseph's heart and using him to display His love & forgiveness to his brothers.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say I loved this I praise God with you! Yay for leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the story of Joseph. He's one of the Bible characters I feel like I've learned the most from, and always feel like there's more to be learned. I'm so thankful for the real life stories that God chose to put in the Bible for us!
    Thanks, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! You never know when you will be an answer to prayer, even when it is just putting out your bag of leaves or being the one to pick them up. Thanks for stopping by "In His Grip" :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently was on the receiving end of God answering the little things: one of my mom's piano students (who has NEVER met us btw) wanted to make some space in her daughter's closet and gave us BAGS of barely worn (some brand new) clothes, including a winter coat that fits Julie perfectly! What an answer to prayer because I had been frustrated that I hadn't been able to find a good coat at all the yard sales that I went to all summer...no wonder... God knew that coat was coming in the fall, and that I just needed to be patient for it to get here! Thank God He's a master of the little details. --Carissa Beard

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great, Carissa! It is so neat when God provides for our kids!! Sometimes He just wants us to wait. :) I'm not good with that part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story and the comments all gave me chills.. we have such a great Lord. What a beautiful view you have.. the sheep and land are a dream.. I would love to have that to bath my eyes in daily. I am a new follower from Sunday Favorites .. hope you stop in and see me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you new to linking up on Sunday Favorites today??? 'Cause I'm an old timer over there, and I try to click on every link every time, and I've NEVER been to your wonderful little blog before!!! Oh - - - I would REMEMBER if I'd been here because I LOVE it.

    I love your art work.

    I love your photos.

    I love your sense of humor.

    AND - - - I LOVE that you and hubby were able to move a mountain!!! What a GREAT story to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How Wonderful!! I needed to read this! God is good ALL THE TIME!!

    Bless you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my friend...

    It's so nice to have you join in with the fun of Sunday Favorites...welcome! What a sweet post! I believe in the power of prayer...God is always faithful! This is a wonderful testimony of His goodness! Thank you so much for sharing your sweet story with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this week! I hope that you'll join us again!

    Have a fabulous week, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!