Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Violet's Hat.

 
 I'm working on painting lots of different things for a craft sale this week,
so I don't have a lot of time to write.
I don't like it.

Because of the hustle and bustle to get it all done, I'm putting different things on my blog that I've made or am working on, just for fun.



 It's been rather chilly, so I wrapped Lillie in a blanket and put this hat on her when I took her up to the barn.
Her dad was home and I thought he might like some help so he could finish early and go vote.




 This used to be Violet's hat.
I crochetted it, trying to make it look like a Violet.




 I made the pattern for this hat by altering the sunflower pattern from the instruction booklet called

There are some great hats in this booklet.
I've made several of them as they are all made by crochetting.

I don't know how to knit, only crochet.
My brain has a mental block to understanding knitting.
 Do you ever get these unexplainable mental blocks?
I seem to have one toward sports on television as well.
One of these days, my goal is to really focus and get it
(knitting, that is).
Sports may just be one of those permanent mental blocks
unless my son transforms me.
But until I conquer my inability, I have to rely on all the wonderful knitters in my life like my sister-in-law and my sister (who just posted that she made this for Lillie),
I LOVE hats on my kids, so that beautiful pink one will get lots of use, too!
I'll probably reserve that one for church.
I can't wait to see it on Lillie!






It's fun to create unique and personal articles with yarn and a crochet hook.
Looking through my crochet books to find this hat pattern made me want to go crochet right now,
but alas, I must go paint.




1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am Ágota, the hungarian patchwork blogger!
    Thank you for your visit, I wrote an answer for you on my blog, at the bread topic, but if you don't read there, you can read here. :o)

    So:


    Dear Farmer's wyfe!

    Thank you for your visiting, I am so happy about it! You and your sister welcome here...:o)
    Thank you for your commendations!

    The bread recipe is very simple:

    500 g flour
    3-5 spoon wheat meal
    2,5 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon sugar
    20 g yeast
    3,5 dl lukewarm water

    When you bake it, it is important to take a bowl with a little water aside the raised bread.

    I hope my writing is understandable.

    Nice to meet you!!

    Ágota

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!