Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What I've Been Working On.


Old canisters.
(Please, don't say you love these.
I'm about to destroy them.)




 Sanding off the shine.

 Repeated sanding on all four canisters and then base-coated with a mossy green.




Picked this maroon color for my flowers.

Added flower shapes.






When completely dry,
I painted a second coat on flower shapes.
I do not let this coat of paint dry, I immediately ad...


yellow
and I didn't rinse the brush,





Dabbed on yellow paint in centers of flowers.





Began blending the yellow into the maroon.








Blended the yellow in on all the flower shapes.





Green.


Added stems...






and leaves...





all around the canister.





Painted a few black dots on the center of the flower.




Smeared it in with my finger...




to look like this.




When the black dried, I added some yellow dots...




and yellow squiggles around the dots...




and used a different finger to dab the yellow centers just a little.








Loaded green paint onto the brush and added more green paint to bottom area of leaves,
  to give some shading.




Completed the canisters with different flowers.
 Now, my question is,
should I stain them to give them an older look
or leave them as they are?



Linked to:

3 comments:

  1. Wow - these look great! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great, I love them the way they are!!

    Come and see my latest find, would love your comments, I will also have a new giveaway soon!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!