Thursday, July 14, 2011

Raw Fish: Random Love.

My husband brought home sushi for supper last night...

just because.

He's never been one who gets into all the hype of the expectations and rituals of birthdays, Christmas, and Valentine's Day.

He'd much rather skip those altogether
and just have times
where he feels like making life special

without the expectations.

But he knows he can't dare skip birthdays, Christmas, and Valentine's Day.

He knows that.

Yet, truly,
those holidays never seem quite as fun
or special
or sincere
as a hot July Wednesday night when he comes directly into the kitchen
with a plastic bag in his hand,
without stopping first at the barn;

and he gets the response he wants from me
because I am ALWAYS oblivious
and have no clue what he is doing
until he sits down to the table.

Then I wonder what's going on

because he never comes right into the kitchen to eat as soon as he gets home...


and he never just sits at the table

except to eat.


And then I smile and squeal when I realize there is Sushi in the bag.


No, not predictable.

Not even remarkable or oozing of sappy love...

just fish in a bag

to make a girl smile
 
to show his love.


Thanks, Farmer.
I adore your random acts of love.


Anytime.

Every time.

It makes me want to get you back.


Luke 6:38
"Give, and it shall be give unto you;
good measure,
pressed down, 
and shaken together,
and running over,
shall men give unto your
bosom.
For with the same measure that ye mete withal
it shall be measured to you again."


We all need a random act of love once in a while,
don't we?

5 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. That in my book is true love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great. My hubby is the same way in that he (and I both, actually) would much rather just skip over the b-days and Christmas and such and show me that he cares in other much more meaningful ways. Raw fish in a bag. Does it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww - so sweet. My hubby is the same way - not big on gifts or cards on special days - but every so often surprises me with flowers or a cookie from the bake shop or my favorite a frozen mocha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so sweet! The little things do mean so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute story.

    Such a nice farmer.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!