Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Whale of a Tale.


Finding inspiration for painting
is essential. 
I tend to save all my projects,
as you've seen,
til I have a month or so to get them done.
Rapidly painting out pieces can cause me to have
creativity anemia.

Having several avenues to be mentally sparked
is helpful.

My newest form, of late, is Pinterest.

While rummaging through some painted images the other week,
I came upon this one.


My New England heritage was stirred,
and I remembered I had just the right thing to paint it on.



I'd found an old wooden model trunk at the second hand store
for a few dollars,

I roughed out the shape using a charcoal pencil.



 After base-coating and shading the whale
 the project was set aside
until I could figure out what I wanted to do to finish it.


 A few days later,
this idea bubbled up,
and I found just the right verse for it:


 I finished it off with some clear and brown wax
and now it's at the Open house craft sale.



If it doesn't sell,
there's a little boy in our house who may receive it
for some of his small toys to live in.

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Love it!

    Clydia
    threemangoseeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why oh why oh why am I not at the open house craft sale???

    =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful trunk....I'd be so tempted to keep it for that little boy's toys..... ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!