Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Pile of Beans.



I wanted to post a blog last night,
but I was lost in a pile of vegetables.

Even this crew was lost in them.


 The auction and a local Amish market was too enticing yesterday with the fall weather and a sunny day.






While I was busy with the broccoli, cauliflour, and peppers,
lettuce, and turnips,

two cases of lima beans were being snapped.



 By the time they were done, we had 10 quarts of limas.


 Violet showed me what those two full boxes seemed like before snapping.



 Of course, when they were done, it turned into this:


Their father told them how he has memories of helping his granddad shell limas,
a sweet memory for him.

I hope the memory of all working together someday will bring the same.



2 comments:

  1. I love the first couple of photos, they are so sweet and timeless. It is so important for children to be part of the family "team" and harvest is just as important in their development as any other chore. The word "chore" seems to generate a negative connotation but in reality they are indeed creating great lasting memories and a strong foundation for their future families. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lima beans. And it's a wonderful thing to do together as a family.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!