Friday, May 11, 2012

Easy Garden Toadstool.


Hello, again!


Aren't these a fun idea?!


I spied them on facebook one day,
and remembered that I had these up in the attic.



(The good old attic comes through for me once in a while.)

They were on sale at the local antique store a while back:
$4 for all of them,
and I thought that surely something could be done with them,
someday.


Well, someday came.



I painted them all up and sold the little ones at the plant sale...


and kept the biggest for myself.

(I needed one for display, 
of course.)



I have to admit,
I did plant the frog under my toadstool for the picture.

He was hiding in a nearby plant,
so he got forced into the photo shoot.

The funny thing is,
I didn't realize the temptation that was lurking for him.

I didn't spy the nervous slug climbing the trunk until I put these pictures in 
to edit them.

No wonder that toad sat so still for me!

 I did not fasten my bowls down but left them loose,
so they can be taken in during the winter
and given a new log every spring.


 A simple and fun way to add color to a garden!

5 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that you posted about our Toadstools for the garden! I'm going to be whipping up some more sometime really soon...believe it or not, my garden is seriously lacking in toadstool love!
    Thanks for letting me know about your post...no problem at all with you posting the picture!
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are so darn cute! I would love it if you shared this fun and fresh idea with us at Farm Fresh Friday! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! these are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have given me a great idea for my fairy garden! Thanks. Pinning this. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!