Monday, October 8, 2012

Crock Pot Pork Roast



Everybody has a crock pot, right?

Crock pots are good things,
super-spectacular things,
like dragon fish and deep sea anglers...
or at least, that is my son's idea of super-spectacular right now.

Dragon fish breathe fire underwater,
did you know that?



Okay,
 no, 
they don't;
I was checking up on your gullibility rating today.
I can do that because I often rate very poorly in gullibility,
so I like to try to catch others at it.
Makes me feel better.

My son doesn't believe me though.
He wants to know why they are called dragon fish if they don't breathe fire.
I said,
"Look at them, son.  They have got some gnarly-looking teeth.
I don't think they'd be called happy fish
or baby fish
or Grandpa fish."




He thought those other suggestions were funny.

I like to hear him chuckle;
it makes me.

I guess those suggestions are kind of funny
if you're looking at a dragon fish when you hear them.



Dragon Fish:


Aw, look at the sweet baby fish.

Yes, anyhow, where was I?

Oh, crock pots.

Let's throw a pork roast in the crock pot.




Slice up some garlic cloves,
put random slices into the pork roast,
and slip those garlic slices into the roast.

This will ad little bursts of flavor to the roast.



Next I get a half cup of juice,
usually whatever I find in the refrigerator.

This time, we had pomegranate.

Plain pomegranate takes a bit of getting used to.
I think that's why it was such a good sale.

I water it down so it is drinkable,
otherwise your lips purse up so badly it takes a while to get them back to normal.





A half cup of water in the crock pot helps tone it down a bit.



A touch of salt can be added,
or it can be left out and added individually.
This is especially great if your watching your blood pressure.



Fire up the crock pot
(No, don't really.  Just turn it on.
I have to say that.
Comes from having a son who believes everything I say,
well, except he still won't believe me that dragon fish don't breathe fire.
"Like underwater lava," he says.)




Cook it up and add your sides dishes.
Potatoes can be added to the bottom of the crock pot when you start the whole process,
if you want to make it simple on yourself when it's all done.


Yes, Crock pots are great things: they make life simple.

I wonder what my son would say if I told him there was a dragon living under the crockpot,
 breathing on it,
and that's how it gets so hot.


Not that I would ever....
Heh - heh - heh.


This is part of my 31 days of blogging posts.


Linking up to:


Crock Pot Pork Roast

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy! This sounds yummy.

    I am hoping to make baked sweet sauerkraut for dinner tonight.

    I wonder if I have a pork roast lurking in the freezer.

    Sounds scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoo, baked sweet saurkraut. That sounds scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must make your home have a wonderful aroma. Love crock pot meals. Simple but looks delicious, especially with the potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my crock pot, and a shoulder pork roast is my favorite thing to put in it!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!