Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Longings for Spring

she's teaching a bit of photography.

I need a lot of bits of teaching on photography.
Thank you, Tracy, for your help!

So I joined up this week for her Macro Link up.
A Macro is a close up picture of something.
(Actually, I think it's a REALLY close up picture,
so maybe this picture isn't close enough?)

Here's what I got from my walk with the kids.
 
 There's spring inside this tiny bud.

The site of it made my heart sing,
like a birdsong.


 I cropped it as you instructed, Tracy,
and it looks clearer and more focused, as you said.


 I took it one more crop closer and edited the brightness and saturation just a little.
Now I can almost feel spring.

Almost.


8 comments:

  1. That branch would be perfect to sketch in a nature journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, what editing do you use? I can not wait for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice editing and great nature macros. Saw you post at Tracy's and have just tryed it for the first time and posted at her party too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how the cropping makes it look better? It is like legal cheating! :) I like buds on tree limbs. I think they are pretty. It is fun walking and taking pics. I did it last week. Today is negative 25 wind chill with 40mph winds. Not a good day outside for anything. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that you captured a bud. My littlest and I took many walks in his preschool years and we used to take spring bud walks and try to spot the things that had buds on them! So looking forward to spring here also!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice editing. It's amazing what you can do in Photoshop. It's great for correcting those dark and dreary winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. It is fun to see what can be done with pictures: a fun art that is very rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!